Ⅰ. Introduction of POSCO
Ⅱ. Background of PI
Ⅲ. 1st period of PI
2. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Ⅳ. 2nd period of PI
2. MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
3. 6 Sigma
Ⅰ. Introduction of POSCO
1. About POSCO
The Pohang Iron and Steel Company, or POSCO, based in Pohang, South Korea, is the third largest steel manufacturer in the world.
Currently, POSCO operates two steel mills in the country, one in Pohang and the other in Gwangyang. In addition, POSCO operates a joint venture with U.S. Steel, USS-POSCO, which is located in Pittsburg, California.
Along with Samsung Electronics, POSCO is viewed by many Koreans as a symbol of national pride and 'can do' spirit. With the strong Korean shipbuilding and automobile industry dependent on POSCO for steel, it has been seen as the bedrock of Korea's industrial development over the past 40 years.
The AMR Research selected World’s Top 25 supply chain and POSCO was ranked 16th. And this table indicates POSCO’s extraordinary success in managing a hugely capital.
< The AMR Research Top 25 Supply Chains, 2003>
14. 3M Diversified is putting it mildly for this industrial- and consumer-products leader. Its extraordinary combination of the practical and the cutting edge has units like Industrial Services operating in a DDSN mode.
15. Glaxo-Smith-Kline Maybe the strongest big pharmaceutical player to emerge from the industry's current troubles, GSK innovates not only on discovery but also on industrialization and commercialization of new drugs.
16. POSCO The Korean steel giant has begun to garner attention for its extraordinary success in managing a hugely capital- intensive business.
17. Coca-Cola Like archrival Pepsi, Coke knows how to quickly cycle consumer needs, tastes, and trends back to the market with winning products; witness the Dasani bottled water success story.
18. Best Buy The ultimate short-lifecycle retailer, Best Buy sells cutting-edge electronics to the gadget enthusiast. By realizing the DDSN principle, the retailer has radically leaned inventories and delivered enviable in-stock positions.
19. Intel By working across the electronics value chain, Intel has managed what few could—to be massively asset intensive and yet nimble in the market.
20. Anheuser-Busch Born-on dating is no marketing ploy. It is a supply chain challenge that other brewers can't easily meet. No one has taken real-time demand responsiveness further than AB.
저작권 관련 사항 정보 및 게시물 내용의 진실성에 대하여 레포트샵은 보증하지 아니하 며, 해당 정보 및 게시물의 저작권과 기타 법적 책임은 자료 등록자에게 있습니다. 위 정보 및 게시물 내용의 불법적 이용, 무단 전재·배포는 금지됩니다. 저작권침해, 명예훼손 등 분쟁요소 발견시 고객 센터에 신고해 주시기 바랍니다.